Traditionally, we tested speakers over four categories - CD, MP3, movies and games. But seeing that the Yamaha TSX-130 isn't a pair of proper speakers per se, and users likely won't be using it for movies and games, we’ll be restricting our tests to CD and MP3 testing. Basically, we want to look out for the TSX-130’s musical sensibilities. Hence, we’ll be playing a variety of different tracks to see how the speakers would perform across different genres such as acoustic, jazz, orchestral and trance.
Of course, different people have different musical and sonic tastes. Some are bassheads while others are treble freaks, so your preferences with speakers may vary.
The complete list of testing material is as follows:
- Pod Race Scene from The Phantom Menance
- Tyrannosaurus Rex Sound Effects from Jurassic Park
- Theme from Jurassic Park
- Apollo 13 Lift-off Sound Effects
- Theme from Cutthroat Island
- Fanfare for Louis, performed by the Dallas Wind Symphony
- Hotel California - Eagles
- Sail on Soothsayer - Buckethead
- Melt My Heart to Stone - Adele
- Elements of Life - Tiesto