As always, to fully evaluate the capabilities of the Creative ZiiSound T6 speakers, we used test materials from four categories: CDs, MP3s, movies and games which we feel accurately reflect the real life usage scenarios for almost everyone. Our standard audio testbed, which is a Shuttle XPC SD37P2 (Intel 975X) machine with an Auzentech X-Fi Prelude sound card was used to carry out the tests.
Audio performance was broken down into three broad categories namely Bass, Treble and Soundstage. Due to the wireless features on the ZiiSound T6, we also gave the Bluetooth connectivity features a spin to gauge their effectiveness. Essentially, all these components should end up providing an enjoyable listening experience.
While different users may have certain preferences for particular sonic palates, we try to remain as neutral and balanced as possible when reviewing audio devices. With that in mind our test materials span across a diverse range to ensure an accurate conclusion. The following are the tracks used:
- Pod Race Scene from Phantom Menace
- Tyrannosaurus Rex Sound Effects from Jurassic Park
- Theme from Jurassic Park
- Apollo 13 Lift-off Sound Effects
- Theme from Cutthroat Island
- Fanfare for Louis, performed by the Dallas Wind Symphony
- Hotel California - Eagles
- Sail on Soothsayer - Buckethead
- Melt My Heart to Stone - Adele
- Elements of Life - Tiesto
- Lord of the Rings - (Starting sequence)
- Swordfish (Starting sequence)
- Battlefield 2: Bad Company