Powered by a Cortex A8 1GHz processor and Google Android 2.2, the Samsung Galaxy Tab is the company's first tablet device that brings a wide variety of multimedia content via its 7-inch TFT-LCD screen at 1024 x 600 resolution to the masses.
I think the review has covered most of the main points but just to share some extra observations that I've had over the past day since I picked it up from the launch event:
* Pre-installed with quite a large bunch of apps. Fun to explore what each one does. Some may find this annoying though (clutter)
* Contrary to the review, i found using swype very easy even in portrait orientation. Even though I've never used it before I was able to jump right in
* I'm not sure why some other reviews on the net bash the screen quality, especially the viewing angles. I found the screen quality including viewing angles to be very good. In fact, I would say that the viewing angles are better than most TN panels and even some PVA panels
* 3G reception seems very solid. Noticeably better than my HTC HD2 from the same locations
* The plastic casing is rather slippery which may make it abit hard to hold securely sometimes. A silicone case might be a good idea
* The orientation sensor/screen rotation is abit over-eager and sometimes rotates the screen even when held only with a slight tilt
* The automatic screen brightness is far too dim!
* The tiny covers on the MicroSD and SIM card (regular sized!) slot seem rather flimsy
Please login to write your review.
Tons of promotions & giveaways happening on 24-26 Sep, shop ezbuy now!
Get extra 1GB local data with unlimited talktime and SMS at $68.90/mth
Come celebrate with us this weekend with a 2-day gaming extravaganza!
Infinity Display. Live Message with S Pen. Dual Camera, Dual OIS
DATA X INFINITY on new Combo Plans for unlimited data, talk & text.
Find out why the ASUS Lyra is your solution to Wi-Fi dead zones.