Plantronics Unveils Bluetooth Headsets that Self-Hibernate
Plantronics today announced the M25 and M55 Bluetooth headsets featuring Plantronics longest battery readiness of up to five months.
Featuring Plantronics' new DeepSleep mode, both headsets can stay charged for up to five months so that they can be ready for use at a moment's notice. The DeepSleep technology is activated when the headset is away from your phone for more than 90 minutes. When the phone and headset are in range, you can just tap the Call button to "wake" the headset up. This is especially useful for drivers who leave their headsets in their cars.
Both headsets sport other features such as:
- voice alerts that whisper talk time and battery level
- a lightweight (8g) and compact design
- A2DP, wideband and multipoint technologies
- digital noise reduction for improved call quality and built-in echo cancelling
- up to 11 hours of talk time, 16 hours of standby or 150 days in DeepSleep hibernation mode
The M55 also includes one year free access to the Plantronics Vocalyst voice and text service, and the ability to make or dismiss calls simply by saying "Answer" or "Ignore".