Apps and Software Guide
Norton Refreshes Products for Windows 8.1 Compatibility and New Features
Norton has announced the release of the latest versions of Norton core security products that keep consumers safe from evolving threats in their daily online lives.
Designed for compatibility with the new features of Windows 8.1, each of the products' five patented layers of protection saw many improvements to security, performance, and usability. The key enhancements include:-
- Advanced repair – Drawing on Symantec’s Global Intelligence Network, new advanced repair capabilities leverage a broader set of Internet-connected resources to repair with greater consistency.
- Improved SONAR engine – This year the products have significantly improved the behavioral-based protection engine called SONAR, which operates on the premise that while the physical nature of malware changes, its behavior often does not. As a result, SONAR now allows the latest products to discover and shut down malware that attempts to disguise its bad behavior by operating inside legitimate Windows processes.
- SONAR-assisted remediation and cleanup – SONAR helps with the removal and cleanup of malware attempts by saving the evidence of the attack for later use by Norton’s repair technologies. This remediation helps to ensure that all traces of a malware attack are removed and a system is returned to its original state.
- Simpler setup and management – Users can quickly download and install the latest version of their product for their device type and subsequently ensure that all their devices are protected.
- Faster performance – Based on recent testing, compared with last year’s releases, Norton products have improved boot time by 15%, install speed by 10% and memory usage during scan by 100MBs, resulting in the fastest and lightest performance yet. (Source: PassMark, August 2013)
- Enhanced Norton Identity Safe – This product release brings a whole new look to Norton’s password management tool. It also includes improved form filling, with drag-and-drop functionality and full vault searches available directly from the toolbar to help manage passwords even more securely and conveniently.
Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus are now available for purchase in Singapore online on Norton's website and through various retailers by end of this year.
|Norton 360 Multi-Device||1 year of protection for up to 5 devices||$119|
|Norton Internet Security||1 year of protection for 1 PC||$49|
|Norton AntiVirus||1 year of protection for 1 PC||$39|