Apps and Software Guide
Microsoft Releases Native OWA Apps for iPhone & iPad
Microsoft has released native Outlook Web App (OWA) apps for the iPhone and iPad, offering "the same email, calendar and contact functionality you get in Outlook Web App on the browser, but with additional capabilities that are only possible through native integration of the app with mobile devices.”
To quote the blog, these additional capabilities are:
- Stored credentials so you are automatically logged into the app
- Push notifications that actively notify you of new email
- Meeting reminders that pop up even when the app is closed
- Voice activated actions like scheduling a meeting or sending email
- Contact sync so that OWA contacts are recognized by the iPhone's caller ID function
- Remote wipe capability that allows IT to delete email and calendar data in the app from the device in the event that the device gets lost or the user leaves the organization
OWA for iPhone and OWA for iPad are now up in the Apple App Store. You’ll need an Office 365 subscription; more specifically, the mailbox must be on the latest update of Office 365 for business or Exchange Online. In other words, Office 365 Home Premium users need not apply.
Source: Office 365 Blog.