Lukup Media Set to Unveil Lukup Player at CES 2013
Lukup Media is ready to reveal the Lukup Player at the upcoming CES 2013 happening from 8 to 11 January 2013 in Las Vegas.
The Lukup Player converts the TV into an entertainment hub which provides a mix of live and on-demand content on TVs, mobile phones, tablets, and PCs. Connected to a TV either as a replacement for a set top box or as an extension to an existing set top box, it delivers a mix of satellite and cable-based live TV channels and IP-based Video on demand on TVs and also allow users to listen to music, stream video on mobile phones, tablets, and PCs concurrently. A wireless, touch screen based remote control personalizes content search, enables personalized channels by importing content from cloud based services, social media sharing, intelligent alerts and recommendations, and multi-touch gaming.
Priced at US$149, the Lukup Player is expected to start shipping from Q2 2013, and will charge users a subscription fee for content that is bundled along with it. Lukup Media will launch an Interactive TV service in India in 2013 in partnership with satellite and cable TV operators.
- A processor capable of decoding and encoding multiple audio-video streams simultaneously
- HD 1080p TV display, 5.1 audio out, and a capacitive touch display for the remote control
- DVB-C/S/S2/T compatibility for existing satellite, cable and terrestrial TV connections
- WiFi, Ethernet based IP connectivity
- Unlimited Cloud storage and 128GB DVR capacity