Apps and Software Guide
IKEA Rolling Out Its 2014 Catalogue App with AR Feature
IKEA has announced its 2014 Catalogue App with the AR (Augmented Reality) feature so you can see how IKEA furniture fits in your own home before making purchases.
Filled with over 300 pages of inspiring ideas, the new app contains more interactive digital features so you can take inspiration one step further.
With the new AR function, you can:-
- Place life-sized, 3D images of furniture in the room and see how they fit with the rest of your décor
- Try out around 90 IKEA products for size, shape, colour and positioning from the comforts of your home
- Explore a room set within the Catalogue pages in 360º/180º degrees (both vertical and horizontal) for more ideas and inspiration
Simply scan pages in the catalogue with the "plus-sign", place the catalogue where you want the furniture to be, and see it appear as a digital 3D model on your screen. Using the catalogue as a marker, the app scales the furniture to the right size so you can see how it fits in your room.
There are also other features in the app to help furniture shopping:-
- Mix & match different products and try out new look
- Draw inspiration from the Catalogue pages by seeing how the your favourite room set is built so you can do it yourself
- Enjoy other videos and images, and find out about the latest news and offers happening at IKEA Alexandra and IKEA Tampines
Check out how the app works through this video:-
The IKEA Catalogue App will be available on both the Apple App Store and Google Play from 29 August, when the 2014 IKEA Catalogue arrives at homes.