Many printer manufacturers have set their sights on the small office home office segment (SOHO) and thus have come up with many efficient and cost-friendly all-in-one (AIO) printers that occupy a small footprint. But these printers perform much better at printing documents, not so well at printing photographs however. So while many AIOs are geared towards the business aspect of printing, there are still a few AIOs in the market that cater to the home user who prints as many photographs as documents and demand for quality in their photo printouts.
The HP Photosmart series is HP’s take at the home printer segment, with photo and document printing made easy for the home user. And it gets a new model in the form of the Photosmart 7520 eAIO.
Here are some highlights of the Photosmart 7520:
The HP Photosmart 7520 will be available from 22 October, and will cost $339.
Read on for the full press release.
SINGAPORE, 10 October 2012 - HP today unveiled the new HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One printer that offers greater versatility for families with the latest mobile printing solutions and features.
• The new HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One printer features a 4.33-inch touch-screen display.
• Other new features for the newHP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One printer includes scan-to-email(1) for multi-page documents and wireless direct printing(2) without the need of an Internet network or router; the new printer also prints more quickly at up to 14 pages per minute in black and up to 10 pages per minute in colour. (3)
HP continues to grow its innovation lead in mobile printing by further expanding the most extensive suite of mobile printing solutions:
• The new HP ePrint app(4) for Apple and BlackBerry® helps users identify the best available HP ePrint-enabled printer, such as the HP Photosmart e-All-in-One, based on location and printing needs. Users can then print directly from their smartphone or tablet to the chosen printer.
• The updated Printer Control app provides users wireless and remote control of the print, scan, copy features on the new HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One printer from their mobile device. It allows users to crop and resize photos and documents, and now allows for direct scan to email and major cloud storage services like Dropbox, Box, Evernote and iCloud.
• HP ePrint Software makes it easy to print from a desktop or notebook PC to the new HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One printer. Users can simply click File and Print and select from the available printers and print to virtually anywhere.(6)
“As families become more connected and use multiple mobile devices, HP’s new Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One printer and enhanced mobile printing solutions can offer a more intuitive and seamless experience,” said Serena Yong, General Manager, Printing and Personal Systems, HP Singapore.
Highly versatile for everyone in the family
The new HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One printer addresses the needs of everyone in the family, from printing premium, lab-quality photos with five individual ink cartridges that include the photo black ink for bold blacks and smooth grays in photos to duplex printing of everyday documents. HP Scheduled Delivery(7) print apps also allow families to choose the content they need most – maps, news, puzzles, education content and more – and automatically push it at a specific time to the HP Photosmart e-All-in-One printer.
Eco-friendly features that reduce environmental impact
Families using the new HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One printer can further reduce their environmental impact by using 50% less paper with automatic two-sided printing and copying. Additionally, the HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One printer is ENERGY STAR® certified and is made with 20% postconsumer recycled plastic.
(1) Compatible with most popular email services. Check www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter for more information.
(2) Not available on all printers. Mobile device must be wireless-enabled. Printer must be HP ePrint-enabled. Feature may require drivers or apps, available for download at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
(3) After first set of ISO test pages. For more information, see www.hp.com/go/printerclaims.
(4) The HP ePrint App replaces the previous HP ePrint Home and Biz and ePrint Services apps.
(5) Supports the following devices running iOS 4.2 or later: iPad®, iPad® 2, iPhone® (3GS or later), iPod touch® (3rd generation or later). Works with HP’s AirPrint™-enabled printers and requires the printer be connected to the same network as your iOS device. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from the access point.
(6) Requires software installation and wireless internet connection to the printer. HP ePrintCenter account registration is required. To create an account, go to www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. To download the HP ePrint Software, go to www.hp.com/go/eprintsoftware. Print times may vary.
(7) Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services require registration. App availability varies by country, language and agreements. For details, www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.