Enermax Announces NAXN Advanced Edition Power Supply Units
Enermax has announced its updated NAXN ADV series of power supply units (PSUs). Building on the strengths of the original NAXN series, the new PSUs are 82PLUS ready, with unique features like flat and flexible cables, and Japanese electrolytic capacitors for reliable power delivery.
This new series of PSUs tout the ability to operate at 82- to 88 per cent efficiency with a 20- to 100 per cent load. Like most PSUs, they able to handle AC inputs rated at 100/240VAC. The other unique features are as follows:
- 100% Flexible Flat Cable Design – This makes system building and installation easy and reduces cable clutter. It also enhances the internal airflow and cooling performance of the system overall.
- Japanese Main Electrolytic Capacitors – Widely known to be the highest standard for capacitor components, these will insure maximum durability and stability for the system.
- Durable Two Ball Bearing Fan – For extra durability, the two ball bearing fan allows for advanced fan speed control for optimal cooling and minimum noise. It also has a longer lifetime of use.
- Protection and safety are also new areas of focus for this power supply from Enermax. The NAXN ADV edition features several improvements to help make your system safe and stable such as:
- SafeGuard – This is what Enermax collectively calls the multiple protection circuitry of OVP, DC UVP, OPP, SCP, and SIP that is built into the unit. It performs variously as ways to electronically protect your system from the vagaries of electrical running power.
- SpeedGuard – It’s of course possible to cool by just blowing massive amounts of air through a system. But the advanced properties of the Enermax PSU allow it to go soft and quiet when needed by using the advanced fan speed control. It’s an elegant way to keep cool while being quiet.
- AirGuard – Another noise control feature is the design of the air-inlet which has an optimal aerodynamic design reducing noise produced from air turbulence.
- CordGuard – It would be a shame to throw away a perfectly good power supply because of a loose cord. The NAXN ADV features an improvement to the fastening of the AC cord making it tighter so as to avoid accidental shutdowns of your PC.
- ErP Lot 6 2013 Ready – As with all Enermax products, the NAXN ADV has been designed to provide the latest in compatibility and performance. With an ErP Lot 6 enabled motherboard, this PSU help system meet ErP Lot 6 2013 requirements (<0.5W at standby mode) with high efficiency 5Vsb circuitry. This advanced +5Vsb circuitry gives up to 20% improved efficiency in comparison to generic designs.
Recently, Enermax was quick to announce the ability of its current high-end to mid-range models that support Intel 'Haswell' CPU's C6/C7 low-power states. This is because some older and budget PSUs may not be capable of delivering stable voltages at such low loads; hence, when the Haswell processor enters its C6/C7 low-power state, the system may shut down due to the under voltage protection (UVP) feature of an affected PSU. However, there is no word on Enermax's site if the new updated NAXN ADV PSU series will offer support for the new processor's C6/C7 low-power states.