Here's a quick look at Creative's recent launches:
1. Creative's Sound Blaster X-Fi Digital Audio Processor with X-Fi and EAX Advanced HD 5.0TM Audio Technologies
2. Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Omega Wireless Gaming Headset
3. Creative inPerson HD
Top-of-the-Line Audio Processing Chip with Integrated Suite of Advanced Audio Technologies from Creative Grants GIGABYTE G1-Killer Series Users a Distinctive Edge in Early Detection of In-Game Enemies
Creative announced that its Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi (CA20K2) digital audio processor is featured onboard GIGABYTE's latest G1-Killer series of gaming motherboards with integrated X-Fi and EAX Advanced HD 5.0TM audio technologies, delivering an unparalleled audio experience of the highest calibre to meet the demands of elite gamers and allowing users to experience sound in the gaming world as they would in real life.
The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi (CA20K2) digital audio processor is a top-of-the-line PCI Express audio chip. It provides dramatic improvements to enhance the capabilities, performance and quality of sound through the integration of audio enhancement technologies such as Creative’s proprietary X-Fi and EAX Advanced HD 5.0. X-Fi Crystalizer intelligently enhances the highs and lows so users can hear audio in crystal clear clarity, while X-Fi CMSS-3D Surround expands digital audio into surround sound over multi-channel speakers, stereo speakers or even headphones.
EAX is a collection of powerful, innovative audio technologies designed to bring true interactive 3D audio to PC gaming. The sophisticated environment effects of EAX add a greater sense of realism to the gaming experience by accurately simulating a real-world audio environment. Up to 128 voices are applicable, enabling more sound effects to be played simultaneously for detailed and rich game audio, as well as dynamic music that matches the mood and urgency of the onscreen action. EAX PurePath delivers accurate surround sound, as well as a dedicated bass feed for an incredibly explosive audio experience. EAX Voice enables gamers to speak and hear their voices with the same effects as the environment their characters are in. Furthermore, if the game title supports “3D Voice Over IP”, then other players in the game will be able to hear their voices coming from the correct directions.
The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi (CA20K2) Digital Audio Processor is a top-of-the-line PCI Express audio chip with built-in DSP. It is based on the CA20K1 architecture and accelerates OpenAL 3D audio, X-Fi CMSS-3D, X-Fi Crystalizer and other advanced X-Fi audio processing.
PCI Express 1.1 interface
• Sample Rate Converter engine
• Digital Filter engine
• Digital delay line accelerator ("tank engine")
• Audio Mixer
• Micro-programmable "Quartet" audio DSP
• DDR SDRAM interface
• Parameter Generator / Mixer
• High Definition Audio component
• Embedded RISC control processor
• 24-bit Digital Audio I/O
• 8 Audio Input and 8 Audio Output interfaces (I2S, I4S, I8S I16S, S/PDIF or CDIF)
• Up to 128 channels of audio input and 128 channels of audio output
• Sample rates supported include 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 192 and 384kHz
• X-Fi Audio Enhancement Algorithm
• EAX Advanced HD 5.0
• Highest Quality Audio
- 24-bit / 96kHz recording
- 24-bit / 96kHz 7.1 playback, 24-bit / 192kHz Stereo playback
• OpenAL Support
• Creative ALchemy
- Restores multi-channel audio for legacy DirectSound3D game titles running on Windows 7 or Windows Vista