Biostar Announces Dual Gigabit LAN Motherboards with 6+ Experience
Biostar has announced three motherboards with dual Gigabit LAN features. It allows for link aggregation so that the network connections can be combined in parallel. In addition, the two Gigabit LAN ports can be configured for network redundancy.
The Hi-Fi B85N 3D and the Hi-Fi B85S2G are based on the Intel B85 chipset, and they support the current 4th generation Intel Core Haswell processors. However, the said chipset is considered to be the budget version of the current crop of Intel 8-series business chipsets that include the higher-end Intel Q87 and Q85. Unlike the other two, the Intel B85 chipset doesn’t support Intel vPro technologies, nor does it come under the Intel Stable Image Platform Program (Intel SIPP).
The third board, the Hi-Fi A88S2G features the AMD A88X chipset that supports the AMD Kaveri APU. Besides boasting of having a pair of Gigabit LAN ports, the boards come equipped to deliver the 6+ experience. According to Biostar, the different technologies that make up its 6+ experiences are as follows:-
- Audio+ (3D Audio, True Blu-Ray Audio, 3D HiFi Amp and 3D Smart Ear)\
- Video+ (support for Full HDMI 3D 1080p; Dual-Link DVI port for resolutions up to 2560 x 1600)
- Speed+ (support for PCIe 3.0 technology, and SmartSpeedLAN which monitors and manages your PC's network behavior, Charger Booster)
- Protection+ (OVER-Current Protection, OVER-Voltage Protection, and OVER-Heat Protection)
- Durability+ (Low RdsOn P-Pak MOS)
- DIY+ (UEFI BIOS and BIO-Remote 2 for better home theater environment)
This feature set was first announced when Biostar launched its one of its first AMD A88X-based motherboards, the Biostar Hi-Fi A88W 3D. The pair of Intel B85-based boards would be ideal as corporate desktops with flexible network configuration options. The Hi-Fi A88S2G board will cut it as an entry-level gaming rig that can double up as a HTPC. Please click here for the official press release.