Optical Drives Guide
Sony and Panasonic have announced that they will be working together to develop next-gen optical discs for professional use. The first target is an optical disc with recording capacity of at least 300GB by the end of 2015.
Start-up Millenniata and Hitachi-LG Data Storage plan to release an optical disc and read/write player that will store photos and other data forever.
Marketed as the perfect companion for netbooks that lack optical drives, LG's sleek and slim GP08NU20 DVD writer gets a test drive.
A slim accessory for any PC owner hoping to add Blu-ray playback conveniently, the ASUS SBC-04D1S-U Blu-ray combo drive has landed in our lab.
Blu-ray has emerged as the HD format of the industry and here to promote this cause is LG's BE06 external Blu-ray Rewriter and HD DVD-ROM drive.
LG continues to offer hybrid drives that read both Blu-ray and HD DVD and one such model, the LG GGW-H20L has finally reached us. Similar to the GGC-H20L that we had reviewed late last year, this optical drive adds Blu-ray write functionality at an unprecedented 6x speed.
Following its recent triumph as the HD format of choice, Sony's Blu-ray is going places. As it happens, it's coming to the PC in the form of a more affordable sub US$200 Blu-ray drive - the Sony BDU-X10S. Check it out as we test its Blu-ray capabilities.
The struggle continues between Blu-ray and HD DVD but manufacturers are already racing to produce hybrid drives that can support both. One may expect them to be costly but as the new LG GGC-H20L shows, that may not always be the case. Find out how this new hybrid drive fares.
ASUS hopes to bring HD content to the masses by offering a cheaper drive that only has read capabilities for Blu-ray media. It can still write to DVD media however but will it catch on with the public? Read on for our take.
SATA DVD writers are the next logical steps for the optical drive industry, after the increases to 18x and 20x writing speed for DVD media. The LG GSA-H62N is another such drive that brings high speed writing to the SATA interface. It also has one of the fastest write speeds for dual layer media. Read on to find out how it performs.
Filter Products by Brand
- Uncover the best Camera Trade-in deals with Canon! Canon is offering up to $200 trade-in value in exchange for your pre-owned digital camera, regardless of brand!
- How about get the new Surface Pro 3 here? With the power and performance of a premium laptop, the 12-inch tablet is as beautiful as it's functional, you can stay productive anywhere. Free delivery!
- Get the best value deal with StarHub Mobile! Shop online and get $20 voucher.
- Visit the Creative Booth for killer deals not to be missed. Exclusively online deals also available!
- Get M1 Fibre Broadband bundles from as low as $29/mth, plus enjoy up to $200 off any handset with selected bundles! What’s more, top up $2/mth for M1 Static IP! T&Cs apply.
- Save everything on WD My Cloud Mirror with twice the protection and access it anywhere with mobile apps. Visit WD Booth 6120 for great COMEX discounts & quote ‘hwz’ to get FREE Gift! *T&Cs apply.