If there's one thing that Google's new Chrome OS doesn't lack, it's speed. To prove this, Google gave us a demo of the Cr-48, an Intel Atom based laptop with the Chrome OS doing an instant-on from standby mode. It's so fast, that the slowest part is actually typing out your search query.
One of the latest Android 2.3 equipped phones just dropped by our labs courtesy of Sony Ericsson with their arc. It's sexy, slim and light - the three descriptors that would appeal to anyone, but don't take our word for it, check it out for yourselves in our video walk through.
NVIDIA's CEO Jen-Hsun Huang believes the future for consumers is in ARM-based computing and finally delivers the Tegra 2 to start a new class of super phones. At CES 2011 we caught his demo that shows off the platform's potential.
This quick video demo should be all you need to understand why GPU-accelerated Flash support on smartphones (such as devices using NVIDIA Tegra 2) is important if you're into gaming and multimedia content.
Check out some of the latest mobile devices Windows 7 is enabling, demos of a new version of Surface and next generation of Windows running on System-on-Chip (SoC) devices, including those based on the ARM architecture.
Microsoft sets the mood for the Consumer Electronics Show 2011 starting tomorrow with a pre-CES keynote this evening. In this first part, we've put together a few of the more important updates for Kinect users and the Windows Phone 7 ecosystem.
As we unwind for the coming new year, we decided it's time for some lighthearted material. Here's a clip our video team pieced together of the more memorable outtakes captured during our production in 2010. Have fun watching them and a Happy New Year from all at HardwareZone!
The Samsung Galaxy Tab is finally here, but just how does it fare against the larger Apple iPad? We have the details in our full review, but for a quick crash course on the differences and similarities between them, this video is for you.
- Google announces plans to offer its own cellular network service at MWC 2015
- MediaTek offers single chip supporting all 3 wireless charging standards
- Singtel and Ericsson to trial live LTE broadcast and voice over Wi-Fi calling
- Sony announces launch of the mid-range Xperia M4 Aqua at Mobile World Congress 2015
- Sony unveils the Qualcomm Snapdragon 810-powered Xperia Z4 Tablet at MWC 2015
- MediaTek announces the MT8173 with ARM Cortex-A72 processor at MWC 2015
- Intel announces Atom x3, x5 and x7 mobile chips at MWC 2015
- Qualcomm's LTE-U technology will boost LTE connectivity by using unlicensed 5GHz band