Vincent Laforet kick-started the video DSLR revolution with Reverie, the first short film ever shot with a Canon EOS 5D Mark II. We catch up with him to talk about the new Canon C300 camera, how he made the transition from stills to videos and how you can do the same.
What will CES 2012 and its treasure trove of technology announcements bring to the world? We give you a glimpse of what's to come in the CES 2012 roundup.
Can we really trick the Face Unlock feature on Android 4.0? We test this out on a pre-production unit of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus!
NVIDIA primes Tegra 3 as the enabler for tablets in 2012 and shows us examples of how consumer expectations and demands of a tablet have evolved. Plus check out what the tiny Tegra SoCs are doing in super cars.
During an NVIDIA press conference in CES 2012, a senior director for Microsoft Windows showed us a sneak peek of a tablet using NVIDIA's Tegra 3 ARM-based processor, but running Windows 8. Check it out!
As we unwind for the coming new year, it's time for some lighthearted material. Here's a clip our video team pieced together of the more memorable outtakes captured during our production in 2011. Have fun watching them and a Happy New Year from all at HardwareZone!
Ultrabooks are the new breed of notebooks clamoring for attention among the other notebook types. Before the salesman at the store front catches you off-guard, we show you the basics of what you need to know about them and the design considerations to choose the ideal one.
It's the year-end season of giving, shopping and pampering. Sitex 2011 is just the right occasion to prepare for this joyous season and for the new year ahead. We round up some of the top picks from the show floor to suit a variety of budgets for your consideration. Happy shopping!
HardwareZone was invited to Research in Motion's First in Asia launch of the BlackBerry Bold 9790 and Curve 9380 in Jakarta, Indonesia on 15th November 2011. Here are highlights of our interview with Jim Balsillie, Co-CEO of RIM, and Gregory Wade, Regional MD, East Asia for RIM at the launch.
The Sony Alpha NEX-7 is arguably the most anticipated (mirrorless) camera of 2011. In this video, we run through some of its key features and Sony's unique user interface design - the Tri-Navi control system.
- Apple sends out invites for event on 9 Sep, expect to see more than new iPhones
- AMD officially announces its most powerful mini-ITX graphics card, the Radeon R9 Nano!
- Onkyo's DTS:X and Dolby Atmos-compatible TX-RZ900 and TX-RZ800 AV receivers are now in Singapore
- HTC launches dual-SIM 5.5-inch QHD display HTC One E9+
- MyRepublic Mobile’s mobility trial will begin on 22 October this year
- Twitch challenger YouTube Gaming is available starting today
- Philips’ Hue wireless dimming kit makes it easy to install dimming remote lights
- No more data roaming fees for StarHub prepaid customers visiting Malaysia