You've seen what went behind the scenes, so here's our video highlights of our third prestigious HWM+HardwareZone.com Tech Awards event that took place on 24th Feb at the Mandarin Orchard Singapore. A total of 71 awards were given out comprising of both Readers' Choice and Editors' Choice awards.
24 February 2012 marked the date of our third prestigious HWM+HardwareZone.com Tech Awards event. Comprising of Readers' Choice and Editors' Choice awards, it was a massive undertaking spanning several months of hard work. While the former was derived from sorting over 155,000 reader votes, the Editors' Choice awards looked into 159 products across various categories. We show you how we pulled it off.
One does not simply walk into CP+, one must experience it! And the second-best way to being there is to immerse yourself in our highlights video - where the best of show cameras (and booth babes) are captured in full motion color picture.
The OM-D E-M5 is a new, gorgeous, retro-tastic Micro Four Thirds camera from Olympus. It is the first from Olympus to come with an electronic viewfinder, and is aimed at enthusiasts who want a serious MFT option. We managed to score some personal time with an early prototype, so check out the video for more details.
Vincent Laforet kick-started the video DSLR revolution with Reverie, the first short film ever shot with a Canon EOS 5D Mark II. We catch up with him to talk about the new Canon C300 camera, how he made the transition from stills to videos and how you can do the same.
What will CES 2012 and its treasure trove of technology announcements bring to the world? We give you a glimpse of what's to come in the CES 2012 roundup.
Can we really trick the Face Unlock feature on Android 4.0? We test this out on a pre-production unit of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus!
NVIDIA primes Tegra 3 as the enabler for tablets in 2012 and shows us examples of how consumer expectations and demands of a tablet have evolved. Plus check out what the tiny Tegra SoCs are doing in super cars.
During an NVIDIA press conference in CES 2012, a senior director for Microsoft Windows showed us a sneak peek of a tablet using NVIDIA's Tegra 3 ARM-based processor, but running Windows 8. Check it out!
As we unwind for the coming new year, it's time for some lighthearted material. Here's a clip our video team pieced together of the more memorable outtakes captured during our production in 2011. Have fun watching them and a Happy New Year from all at HardwareZone!
- Canon launches ultra-high sensitivity camera with ISO sensitivity over 4,000,000
- Silent Circle's Blackphone 2 to support Android for Work
- Bose announces release of new SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker
- President Obama issues an executive order in an attempt to build the world's first exascale supercomputer
- Facebook’s internet plane has the wingspan of a 737 and flies up to 3 months
- Strong sales of PlayStations and camera sensors for smartphones helped Sony post US$780 million profit
- The Xbox Music rebranding continues on Android; updated Groove app now on Google Play Store
- IDC: Global tablet market shrinks as shipment of Apple iPads declines