- Articles tagged ‘fiber broadband’
Price is important when signing up for a fiber broadband plan, but it's certainly not everything. In this article, we explore what else makes for a good Internet experience, from typical download speeds and symmetric plans, to traffic shaping and latency.
Superior bandwidth that enables richer online content not possible before, it makes little to no sense to not go for fiber broadband when your existing ADSL or cable broadband contract is up, or when you're wiring up your new home. Here's a quick primer on getting your premise ready.
MyRepublic's latest move in the consumer fiber broadband market created quite a stir when it priced its 1Gbps package at $49.99 per month under a two-year contract. But what other alternatives are there? We compile the fastest broadband plans across the board for your easy reference.
- Japanese developers start to embrace AMD's Mantle
- Futuremark announces new benchmarking software for Windows 10
- Corning's Gorilla Glass 4 is twice as tough as competitive glasses
- Sony announces launch of the A7II, the first full-frame camera with 5-axis image stabilization
- AMD's Freesync technology is almost here and Samsung's leading the charge
- Alcatel Onetouch to debut smartphones at Sitex 2014
- Apple changes App Store buttons from "Free" to "Get"
- Brio, the smart power outlet that you'll definitely need