Articles tagged ‘operating system’
Keeping to its promise of a rapid release cycle, Microsoft is set to release Windows 8.1 tonight through the Windows Store for existing Windows 8/RT users, and tomorrow at retail stores. Still unsure if you should ditch Windows XP or Vista? We tell you what's new and changed in the updated OS.
Are you intending to upgrade to Windows 8, but don't know how to go about doing it? Fret not, here's a list of commonly asked questions about the upgrade and installation process; we also offer a few usage tips for those getting to know Windows 8 for the first time.
Microsoft's latest OS, Windows 8, has gotten a new user interface replete with touch gestures, much improved cloud-connected services, a new app store, and more. In this Tech Guide, we explore what's new and different, starting from the installation process and the new Start screen, to the various core apps and business-related features.
Find out why your Microsoft account is like a portable, personal PC as we explore the various cloud-connected, built-in Modern-style apps in Windows 8 (such as Mail, Calendar, People, and SkyDrive) in this fifth installment of our Windows 8 series of articles.
Even if you're used to a smartphone or tablet, the many gesture possibilities in Windows 8 can be confusing initially. Here, we show you the most important ones, and reveal their mouse and keyboard equivalents. We also explore a cool new feature called 'snap multi-tasking', and tell you if it works well.
What are Charms in Windows 8? Simply put, they consist of five 'shortcuts' to frequently used functions, including search, share, the Start screen, devices, and settings. If you're upgrading to Windows 8, now is the time to get yourself acquainted with these lucky charms.
Windows 8 is as different from Windows 7 as Windows 95 was from Windows 3.1; and once again, it starts right from the graphical user interface. In this article, we explore the new ways of signing into Windows 8, the tile-based, Modern UI-inspired Start screen, and why you should register for a Microsoft account.
With the launch of Microsoft's brand new operating system, Windows 8, just about three weeks away, we kickstart our lineup of Windows 8-related articles with the basics of this radical new operating system. Get to know about the different editions, and find out what are your upgrade options.
- M1 Adopting One Minute Minimum Charge For Voice & Video Calls; Doubling Excess Data Charges
- Sony Announces Slim and Lightweight HD-SG5 External HDD
- Piixl’s Jetpack Straps to TV’s Rear, Brings PC Gaming to the Living Room
- Samsung and Fingerprint Partner to Develop Mobile Play and Learn Network for Kids
- Standard Chartered Bank Reports Theft of Private Bank Clients' Statements
- Google Rolls Out Android 4.4.1 Update for Nexus 5, Delivers Camera Improvements (Update: Available for More Nexus Devices)
- CM Storm Ceres-300 & Ceres-500 Gaming Headsets Lets You Game in Comfort
- Creative Announces the AXX200, the Latest Addition to the Sound BlasterAxx Family