- Articles tagged "operating system"
Keeping to its promise of a rapid release cycle, Microsoft is set to release Windows 8.1 tonight through the Windows Store for existing Windows 8/RT users, and tomorrow at retail stores. Still unsure if you should ditch Windows XP or Vista? We tell you what's new and changed in the updated OS.
Are you intending to upgrade to Windows 8, but don't know how to go about doing it? Fret not, here's a list of commonly asked questions about the upgrade and installation process; we also offer a few usage tips for those getting to know Windows 8 for the first time.
Microsoft's latest OS, Windows 8, has gotten a new user interface replete with touch gestures, much improved cloud-connected services, a new app store, and more. In this Tech Guide, we explore what's new and different, starting from the installation process and the new Start screen, to the various core apps and business-related features.
Find out why your Microsoft account is like a portable, personal PC as we explore the various cloud-connected, built-in Modern-style apps in Windows 8 (such as Mail, Calendar, People, and SkyDrive) in this fifth installment of our Windows 8 series of articles.
Even if you're used to a smartphone or tablet, the many gesture possibilities in Windows 8 can be confusing initially. Here, we show you the most important ones, and reveal their mouse and keyboard equivalents. We also explore a cool new feature called 'snap multi-tasking', and tell you if it works well.
What are Charms in Windows 8? Simply put, they consist of five 'shortcuts' to frequently used functions, including search, share, the Start screen, devices, and settings. If you're upgrading to Windows 8, now is the time to get yourself acquainted with these lucky charms.
Windows 8 is as different from Windows 7 as Windows 95 was from Windows 3.1; and once again, it starts right from the graphical user interface. In this article, we explore the new ways of signing into Windows 8, the tile-based, Modern UI-inspired Start screen, and why you should register for a Microsoft account.
With the launch of Microsoft's brand new operating system, Windows 8, just about three weeks away, we kickstart our lineup of Windows 8-related articles with the basics of this radical new operating system. Get to know about the different editions, and find out what are your upgrade options.
- The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games medals may be made from recycled smartphones
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update causes webcams to freeze, Microsoft apologizes
- ASUS updates their in-car dashboard camera range with the new Reco Smart
- Acronis True Image 2017 lets you wirelessly backup your phone to your PC
- Steve Jobs has just been inducted into the Photography Hall of Fame
- The ASUS ROG Swift PG248Q is a 180Hz G-Sync monitor designed for competitive gaming
- iPhone 6s beats the Galaxy Note7 in app speed test
- Google rolls out Android 7.0 Nougat for Nexus devices