- Articles tagged "hardwarezone"
Your notebooks haven't always been that slim, lightweight, 1.3kg beauty that you're used to carrying around. Join us for a time warp as we take a trip back in time when portable computers of yore weighed in at a 'mere' 10.7kg.
Remember the days when one gigabyte seemed like all the storage space you'll ever need? Now, 500GB hard drives are commonplace and one terabyte hard drives are no longer head turners. Join us as we take a look back at the last ten years in storage development.
The graphics card has certainly come a long way. Join us as we take a trip down memory lane to the humble beginnings of the 3D graphics card, to the days when 3dfx still existed and NVIDIA cards still had a sensible nomenclature.
As the scratch pad for any form of computation, memory is an essential component of a computer. Join us in remembering the past ten years of memory developments in this Hardware Zone special.
For years, the motherboard has been the foundation for any PC and even as we march into the 21st century, it is still the case. Here, we look back at the past 10 years in the evolution of the motherboard from 1998 to 2008.
Over the years, we have seen the central processing unit or CPU of the computer shrink from the size of a house to that of a stamp while its raw processing power has increased exponentially. We take a look at how far CPUs have progressed in the last 10 years and the major highlights from 1998 to 2008.
Though the Grand Finals of the inaugural Hardware Zone Iron Tech competition has come to a close, there's still more to look out for. And thus, we bring you some of the exciting moments of Iron Tech 2008 via our video coverage, spanning from the Singapore semi-finals to the concluding grand finals held at Funan DigitaLife Mall.
Spanning two months of exciting preliminary rounds, HardwareZone's Iron Tech 2008 reaches its grand finale here in Singapore, with ten contestants selected from five countries, competing for the title of the best PC tech enthusiast. Find out who emerged as the winner of this final challenge!
As we draw closer to the Grand Finals of Iron Tech 2008, let's check out how our Singapore contestants fared as they pitted their skills against each other during the semi-finals held at Funan DigitaLife Mall on the 11th of October 2008.
It was a typical Saturday morning at Mangga Dua Square in Jakarta - that is, it was a typical morning before Iron Tech 2008 Semi-Finals officially begun. Then the shopping mall turned into an overclocking action arena as our contestants showed off their l33t overclocking skills.
- Eleven Sports Network's platform is now available on Samsung smart TVs through an app
- Some NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070s have memory issues that require a BIOS update to fix
- All the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti custom cards announced so far
- The Nintendo Switch is both a home and handheld console in one device
- The Stigo is a foldable electric scooter that has a range of up to 40km
- Razer's new 17-inch Blade Pro is slim, sexy, and brimming with the latest in tech
- The luxurious Alcantara Type Cover for Surface Pro 4 is finally coming to Singapore
- Note7 users may get discount when upgrading to the Galaxy S8 or Note8