- Articles tagged "western digital"
Prototype WD PCI Express hybrid drive benchmark spotted in the wild at Computex 2014 and appears to achieve the current gen SATA Express 1GB/s bandwidth utilization.
Whether by chance or calculated planning, both Seagate and Western Digital recently released 4TB portable external hard disk drives. While Western Digital’s drive offers Thunderbolt connectivity, Seagate is adamant that USB 3.0 will suffice. We pit the two against each other to find out which is better.
Recognizing that cloud storage has become a big part of our lives, a host of new devices aimed at allowing users to have their own personal cloud has emerged. Here's an overview of the devices out there that can enable you to have your own personal cloud.
USB 3.0 has become commonplace now, and so has 1TB portable hard drives. We take a look at six of the more recent USB 3.0 1TB portable units using 2.5-inch drives to find out which is the best.
With a portfolio of storage drives and media players behind them, Western Digital now moves into the home networking zone with four My Net dual-band routers in tow. Here's what you can expect from WD in the weeks ahead.
Western Digital showed off their updated WD 2go personal cloud software as the company merged its previous offerings into this current app package which is now free! We show you how a personal cloud is administered with their WD My Book Live storage products.
Western Digital recently invited us to a Connected Life Home Tour to showcase its My Book Live personal cloud storage device and other products capable of connecting to this shared storage. Here are the highlights.
- AMD’s new Crimson Edition driver causing fan speed issues for certain users
- Samsung has started to mass produce 128GB DDR4 memory modules with TSV technology
- Lenovo and Razer partner to build new range of Razer Edition gaming PCs
- Space mining is now a totally real and legal thing
- The handcrafted Pixel Vision is a retro must-have for portable gamers
- MSI balances power savings and performance in new Intel 100 series Eco motherboards
- Guess the features that Apple Watch owners use the most and the least
- Apple's iPhone 7 may eliminate 3.5mm audio jack to make it thinner