- Articles tagged "western digital"
Prototype WD PCI Express hybrid drive benchmark spotted in the wild at Computex 2014 and appears to achieve the current gen SATA Express 1GB/s bandwidth utilization.
Whether by chance or calculated planning, both Seagate and Western Digital recently released 4TB portable external hard disk drives. While Western Digital’s drive offers Thunderbolt connectivity, Seagate is adamant that USB 3.0 will suffice. We pit the two against each other to find out which is better.
Recognizing that cloud storage has become a big part of our lives, a host of new devices aimed at allowing users to have their own personal cloud has emerged. Here's an overview of the devices out there that can enable you to have your own personal cloud.
USB 3.0 has become commonplace now, and so has 1TB portable hard drives. We take a look at six of the more recent USB 3.0 1TB portable units using 2.5-inch drives to find out which is the best.
With a portfolio of storage drives and media players behind them, Western Digital now moves into the home networking zone with four My Net dual-band routers in tow. Here's what you can expect from WD in the weeks ahead.
Western Digital showed off their updated WD 2go personal cloud software as the company merged its previous offerings into this current app package which is now free! We show you how a personal cloud is administered with their WD My Book Live storage products.
Western Digital recently invited us to a Connected Life Home Tour to showcase its My Book Live personal cloud storage device and other products capable of connecting to this shared storage. Here are the highlights.
- OnePlus announces OxygenOS 3.5 Community Build for the OnePlus 3
- Uber has lost an incredible US$1.27 billion in the first half of 2016
- WhatsApp will share your phone number with Facebook
- Apple may release a video sharing and editing app in 2017
- The Carmen dongle and app tracks your car’s health to prevent surprise breakdowns
- Xiaomi launches deca-core-powered Redmi Note 4
- Pokémon Go has lost over 10 million users from its mid-July peak
- HTC 10 to get Android 7.0 Nougat update in Q4, followed by One M9 and One A9