- Articles tagged "amd"
Following up on our Radeon HD 6870 CrossFireX performance analysis, we finally got two Radeon HD 6850 cards to work properly in a CrossFireX configuration and we've got the full performance details charted in this article. Find out how it fares!
The new AMD Northern Islands graphics cards have been launched to mostly positive reviews. Today we investigate how two Radeon HD 6870 cards will perform in a CrossFireX configuration.
AMD releases their next generation "Northern Islands" graphics cards, and as luck would have it, the Radeon HD 6870 and HD 6850 have washed up on our shores and into our labs. How can we resist benching them? Check out the full details!
AMD's 6-core 'Thuban' processors hit the streets today, promising a new Turbo Core feature that gives more speed when running light workloads and best of all, an affordable price of admission to the 6-core club. We check out how it handles.
Ever wondered how a similarly configured AMD and Intel platform based notebook would fare? The notebook scene goes ultra light and portable, and we pit the Intel CULV and AMD Congo platforms with the HP Pavilion dm3, which comes in both configurations. Can AMD snatch the win from Intel? Details inside.
The different cache hierarchies in AMD's Athlon II X2 and Phenom II X2 processors allow us to return to a question that has popped up from time to time: what effect does processor cache have when running applications? We paint you our findings in this modern day matchup.
Quad-core processors have never been cheaper with AMD's latest processor series, the Athlon II. The Athlon II X4 630 and 620 models are now available, with low prices that Intel's quad-cores cannot match. But do they have the performance to go along with that? Answers in our review.
Intel and NVIDIA have allied themselves in the battle against AMD with the introduction of the "Power of 3" platform. Simply put, it is any combination of Intel's P55 chipset and Core i5 processors, and NVIDIA's graphics card. Today, we are going to pit it against an all AMD system to see if it is really the superior setup.
Hot on the heels of the Radeon HD 5870, HD 5850 and HD 5770 comes the HD 5750. Despite packing the least processing horsepower amongst ATI's current Evergreen line-up, it has an attractive price that cannot be ignored. We see if it has the performance to match up with the PowerColor PCS HD 5750 Premium Edition.
The Radeon HD 5770 falls short of fantastic, but how would two of them in CrossFire configuration perform? Would it surpass the dual-GPU Radeon HD 4870 X2? Check out the results to find out.
- Canon launches ultra-high sensitivity camera with ISO sensitivity over 4,000,000
- Silent Circle's Blackphone 2 to support Android for Work
- Bose announces release of new SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker
- President Obama issues an executive order in an attempt to build the world's first exascale supercomputer
- Facebook’s internet plane has the wingspan of a 737 and flies up to 3 months
- Strong sales of PlayStations and camera sensors for smartphones helped Sony post US$780 million profit
- The Xbox Music rebranding continues on Android; updated Groove app now on Google Play Store
- IDC: Global tablet market shrinks as shipment of Apple iPads declines