- Articles tagged "usb 3.0"
Move over USB 3.0! We bring you a performance preview of what to expect with the latest USB 3.1 standard by way of the ASUS Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard. While mainstream adoption is likely still some way off, it's good to see USB 3.1 ports and add-on cards making their way onto motherboards now.
USB 3.0 has become commonplace now, and so has 1TB portable hard drives. We take a look at six of the more recent USB 3.0 1TB portable units using 2.5-inch drives to find out which is the best.
Ever wondered why the 3rd generation iPad takes longer to charge than its predecessor? Or are you confused about why it charges over the USB port on your Mac at home, but not over the USB port on your work PC? Fret not, this article will explain to you on the finer details of USB charging.
With the launch of the first 6-core processor, the Intel Core i7-980X, the spotlight is back on Intel's X58 Express chipset. What's different this time round is that vendors have updated the chipset with features comparable to newer ones like that on the Intel P55. We return to the X58 scene with two top boards from ASUS and Gigabyte and the Core i7-980X.
The next evolution in storage technologies and interfaces are upon us! SATA has now reached 6Gbit/s transfer rate while USB 3.0 brings a tenfold increase in speed. These two new features are the highlights of a new breed of P55 motherboards, including the two from ASUS and Gigabyte that we'll be looking at.
- Intel launches Atom-powered Compute Stick!
- Toshiba will pull out of Singapore by end of May this year
- Ultra-thin waterproof Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet now available for pre-order
- Razer's new mouse mat displays 16.8 million colors
- Google may unveil Brillo, its new IoT OS, during its annual I/O conference
- OCZ releases new NVMe compliant Z-Drive 6000 PCIe SSD for enterprise
- Outlook.com is getting a major revamp
- Samsung launches another massive firmware update for the NX1