Articles tagged ‘usb 3.0’
USB 3.0 has become commonplace now, and so has 1TB portable hard drives. We take a look at six of the more recent USB 3.0 1TB portable units using 2.5-inch drives to find out which is the best.
Ever wondered why the 3rd generation iPad takes longer to charge than its predecessor? Or are you confused about why it charges over the USB port on your Mac at home, but not over the USB port on your work PC? Fret not, this article will explain to you on the finer details of USB charging.
With the launch of the first 6-core processor, the Intel Core i7-980X, the spotlight is back on Intel's X58 Express chipset. What's different this time round is that vendors have updated the chipset with features comparable to newer ones like that on the Intel P55. We return to the X58 scene with two top boards from ASUS and Gigabyte and the Core i7-980X.
The next evolution in storage technologies and interfaces are upon us! SATA has now reached 6Gbit/s transfer rate while USB 3.0 brings a tenfold increase in speed. These two new features are the highlights of a new breed of P55 motherboards, including the two from ASUS and Gigabyte that we'll be looking at.
- FiiO puts High Resolution Audio in your pocket with their new X1 music player
- Vouge profiles Jony Ive: the man behind Apple Watch
- Need to track your running, swimming and biking progress? There's the Garmin Forerunner 920XT
- Samsung releases new 3.2TB SM1715 PCIe SSD
- You can now download Windows 10 Technical Preview
- Telco price plans for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 begin to show up ahead of tomorrow's registration of interest
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 4G+ to go on sale on Oct 11; telco registration of interest to start on Oct 2
- Samsung Gear S smart watch to go on sale on October 11, priced at S$498