- Articles tagged "usb 3.0"
Move over USB 3.0! We bring you a performance preview of what to expect with the latest USB 3.1 standard by way of the ASUS Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard. While mainstream adoption is likely still some way off, it's good to see USB 3.1 ports and add-on cards making their way onto motherboards now.
USB 3.0 has become commonplace now, and so has 1TB portable hard drives. We take a look at six of the more recent USB 3.0 1TB portable units using 2.5-inch drives to find out which is the best.
Ever wondered why the 3rd generation iPad takes longer to charge than its predecessor? Or are you confused about why it charges over the USB port on your Mac at home, but not over the USB port on your work PC? Fret not, this article will explain to you on the finer details of USB charging.
With the launch of the first 6-core processor, the Intel Core i7-980X, the spotlight is back on Intel's X58 Express chipset. What's different this time round is that vendors have updated the chipset with features comparable to newer ones like that on the Intel P55. We return to the X58 scene with two top boards from ASUS and Gigabyte and the Core i7-980X.
The next evolution in storage technologies and interfaces are upon us! SATA has now reached 6Gbit/s transfer rate while USB 3.0 brings a tenfold increase in speed. These two new features are the highlights of a new breed of P55 motherboards, including the two from ASUS and Gigabyte that we'll be looking at.
- Your third-party USB Type-C cable may destroy your laptop if you aren't careful
- Future Intel chips may favor reduced power instead of increased performance
- Oculus Ready PCs will be available for pre-order very soon!
- Google has the highest paid CEO in the US
- No more non-K overclocking: Intel closes loophole with microcode update for Skylake CPUs
- You can add free 2GB storage to your Google Drive account today
- Sparkle updater in many Mac apps leaves apps vulnerable to hijacks
- Samsung to trademark "Always On Display", possible debut on the Galaxy S7