- Articles tagged "usb 3.0"
Move over USB 3.0! We bring you a performance preview of what to expect with the latest USB 3.1 standard by way of the ASUS Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard. While mainstream adoption is likely still some way off, it's good to see USB 3.1 ports and add-on cards making their way onto motherboards now.
USB 3.0 has become commonplace now, and so has 1TB portable hard drives. We take a look at six of the more recent USB 3.0 1TB portable units using 2.5-inch drives to find out which is the best.
Ever wondered why the 3rd generation iPad takes longer to charge than its predecessor? Or are you confused about why it charges over the USB port on your Mac at home, but not over the USB port on your work PC? Fret not, this article will explain to you on the finer details of USB charging.
With the launch of the first 6-core processor, the Intel Core i7-980X, the spotlight is back on Intel's X58 Express chipset. What's different this time round is that vendors have updated the chipset with features comparable to newer ones like that on the Intel P55. We return to the X58 scene with two top boards from ASUS and Gigabyte and the Core i7-980X.
The next evolution in storage technologies and interfaces are upon us! SATA has now reached 6Gbit/s transfer rate while USB 3.0 brings a tenfold increase in speed. These two new features are the highlights of a new breed of P55 motherboards, including the two from ASUS and Gigabyte that we'll be looking at.
- Lenovo brings the VIBE S1 and P1 to Singapore
- PSA: Firmware updates for the Nikon D750 and the D4S have just been released.
- ASRock just made it possible for you to overclock DDR4 memory on a non-Z170 motherboard
- Airbus wants to load passengers onto an airplane just like cargo
- Huawei unveils 6-inch Mate 8 with Kirin 950 octa-core chip and Android 6.0
- Geekbench results reveal specs of Samsung Galaxy A9 smartphone
- The new Raspberry Pi Zero is a US$5 computer
- Google’s version of Facebook’s Instant Articles will arrive in early 2016