Articles tagged ‘asus’
As AMD prepares its own 6-core desktop processor for launch, we take on another bunch of AMD 890GX motherboards from ASUS, ECS and Jetway to find out which mainstream 890GX board is for you.
With the launch of the first 6-core processor, the Intel Core i7-980X, the spotlight is back on Intel's X58 Express chipset. What's different this time round is that vendors have updated the chipset with features comparable to newer ones like that on the Intel P55. We return to the X58 scene with two top boards from ASUS and Gigabyte and the Core i7-980X.
AMD has refreshed its 790GX chipset with the newer 890GX. On paper, it appears to be a minor upgrade similar to what AMD did with the 785G. We check out the chipset differences with two boards from Gigabyte and MSI.
ATI's new Radeon HD 5670 promises to bring affordable DirectX 11 gaming to the masses. So today we take a look at six of the newest offerings from the biggest names. ASUS, Gigabyte, HIS, MSI, PowerColor, and Sapphire, have all been summoned to our mainstream battle royale!
With the new mainstream Lynnfield processors lowering the price of entry for Intel's current platform, it's time to look at the rest of the supporting cast. Today, we bring together five of the top P55 motherboards from major vendors to find out which one deserves to be in your next PC.
The heir to the popular mainstream AMD 780G chipset, the 785G has arrived but it appears to have kept with the status quo. Can these three new motherboards from ASUS, ECS and Gigabyte convince us otherwise? We take these boards for a spin in our lab and paint the results for you.
With the new GeForce GTX 285 firmly cementing its place as the fastest GPU on the planet, we take a look at closer look at some of the fastest GeForce GTX 285 cards money can buy. Featuring contenders from heavyweights ASUS and MSI, this is going to get dirty.
- Spotify announces Spotify Family – music sharing for your entire family
- Which Android phones will be getting Google's Lollipop update?
- Replace all your passwords with images using Passage
- Fitbit's Surge aims to be the smart watch for hardcore fitness aficionados
- Rob Riggle to play Frank West in Dead Rising movie
- Apple will require all iOS apps to use 64-bit code starting in February 2015
- IBM to offload semiconductor tech business to Globalfoundaries for US$1.5 billion
- Jabra announces the release of the Jabra Move Wireless – headphones inspired by the city