Articles tagged ‘mobile phones’
As we bring our CommunicAsia 2011 coverage to an end, here's an overview of what we saw and thought of the annual infocomm trade event that showcased the best in mobile technology over the past three days.
Sony Ericsson adds two new Xperia models, the ray and the active which run on Android 2.3 Gingerbread. It also launches two new Smart Extras to improve user experience.
Nokia rejoins the party at the annual CommunicAsia event, and it became one of the biggest showstoppers with the unveiling of its long-awaited MeeGo device, the Nokia N9.
The BlackBerry Bold 9900, which was announced at BlackBerry World 2011, will make its Asia debut at CommunicAsia 2011. We share some hands-on impressions of the newly minted BlackBerry device with an updated 1.2GHz processor and touch screen capabilities.
Huawei has been a recurring participant in CommunicAsia, and the company took the opportunity to introduce its latest 7-inch tablet, the Huawei MediaPad. Here's a quick hands-on of the new Android tablet from Huawei.
CommunicAsia 2011 will be starting soon, but with a few changes from previous years such as a new venue at Marina Bay Sands and brands/vendors both returning and departing. So here's what you can expect from this year's annual infocomm trade show from some of the major participating players.
In this App Attack, let us share our thoughts on Android games that have been optimized for the PlayStation-certified Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and reshape what you know about gaming on a smartphone.
With more Google Android 2.3 devices rolling out in the following weeks, should you embrace these new Android 2.3 phones, or hope for a Gingerbread update on your current device? We gathered our resources to prep you with all you need to know about Google Android 2.3, and its accompanying devices, both old and new.
We've come to the end of another Mobile World Congress, and to close the show proper, we round-up some of the prominent announcements and impressions of the mobile technology that made the headlines at this annual event.
Acer reveals its new lineup for 2011, including the Acer Iconia Smart that runs on Google Android 2.3 and its tablet entries, the Acer Iconia A100 and A500 powered by the tablet-optimized Google Android 3.0 Honeycomb.
- AMD officially announces Radeon R9 285 graphics card
- Dropbox finally cuts prices to match competitors
- Spotify Connect announces support for new devices as it celebrates its first anniversary of service
- Pioneer announces launch of new BDP-170 Blu-ray player with extensive connectivity options
- Apple investigating iCloud for possible connection with celebrity photo leaks
- HTC announces the 4.7-inch Desire 510, available in Singapore from September 6 (Updated)
- GrabTaxi partners with Sony Mobile, Xperia users to enjoy discounts on taxi rides
- SanDisk introduces new Ultra II SSD using TLC NAND