- Articles tagged "communicasia 2011"
As we bring our CommunicAsia 2011 coverage to an end, here's an overview of what we saw and thought of the annual infocomm trade event that showcased the best in mobile technology over the past three days.
Sony Ericsson adds two new Xperia models, the ray and the active which run on Android 2.3 Gingerbread. It also launches two new Smart Extras to improve user experience.
Japan has some of the coolest mobile phones and services in the world, so it's no surprise that NTT Docomo is always high on our visit list. This year, we're looking at a possible global NFC standard, AR games and a prototype multi-band amp.
Nokia rejoins the party at the annual CommunicAsia event, and it became one of the biggest showstoppers with the unveiling of its long-awaited MeeGo device, the Nokia N9.
CommunicAsia 2011 will be starting soon, but with a few changes from previous years such as a new venue at Marina Bay Sands and brands/vendors both returning and departing. So here's what you can expect from this year's annual infocomm trade show from some of the major participating players.
- OnePlus 2 to have a fingerprint sensor that unlocks "faster than Touch ID"
- This strap will add 30 hours of additional battery life to your Apple Watch
- Somebody pointed a Nikon Coolpix P900 with 83x optical zoom at the moon (video)
- Disney bans selfie sticks
- Facebook testing Snapchat-inspired photo uploader that includes swipe-able filters and text
- New Private Chat feature on BlackBerry’s BBM removes names from conversations
- iOS 8.4 to be released 11pm on Tuesday, an hour ahead of Beats 1 launch
- Bloomberg: Early production of new Apple iPhones with Force Touch has begun