- Articles tagged "mwc 2011"
We've come to the end of another Mobile World Congress, and to close the show proper, we round-up some of the prominent announcements and impressions of the mobile technology that made the headlines at this annual event.
Acer reveals its new lineup for 2011, including the Acer Iconia Smart that runs on Google Android 2.3 and its tablet entries, the Acer Iconia A100 and A500 powered by the tablet-optimized Google Android 3.0 Honeycomb.
We dropped by Motorola's and Samsung's booth and swung by Huawei's conference during MWC. Here are some highlights of what we saw offered during the hectic event.
At MWC 2011, HTC once again threw a whole slew of updates to its portfolio. This time, we see new Android 2.3 devices, smartphones with a one-key access to Facebook and more importantly, the company's first tablet running with an updated HTC Sense.
MWC 2010 was the event where Microsoft revealed Windows Phone 7. So it is fitting for the Redmond-based company to announce its updates to the mobile OS at the very same event, one year later.
A phone that uses glasses-free 3D display, and a tablet that records 3D images. That's one of the major highlights at MWC 2011 when we checked out both the LG Optimus 3D and Optimus Pad, and here's our hands-on impressions of these unique mobile devices.
Most of us have been waiting with bated breath for the new-old HP webOS products. Here, we take a look at the upcoming Veer, Pre3 and HP TouchPad.
We dropped by the booth of Japanese mobile operator, Docomo, for a quick peek at some of their unusual and innovative offerings.
At long last, the open secret once known as the PlayStation Phone makes its official debut as the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. We share some of our hands-on experience with the Xperia Play and its fellow Xperia siblings, the Neo and Pro.
With Mobile World Congress 2011 coming right up, we round-up some of the most prominent news that have made an impact in the mobile scene, and put in some of our predictions and our own wish lists for the annual exhibition.
- Google to release its own handset by the end of the year
- iPhone 7 may come in space black to match the Apple Watch
- Samsung may adopt iPhone-styled home button for better fingerprint recognition
- These could be the specs of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7
- The latest Tough camera from Olympus is a 4K action camera that goes everywhere with you. *Updated with price*
- Mota’s new JetJat Ultra is a pocket-sized drone with professional features
- Will Samsung release an Olympic edition of the Galaxy S7 Edge?
- MSI announces two new Intel B150 boards with USB Type-C