- Articles tagged "hwz 10th anniversary"
Once again, we take a trip down memory lane as we take stock of mobile phone technologies that have made an impression in the past decade, from the turn of the century, to its evolved successors of today. Check out some of the biggest highlights over the decade, from 1998 to 2008!
Portable digital entertainment has come a long way over the past decade. Take a good look at your portable media player and discover its evolution through the decade as we reminiscence its key developments and noteworthy implementations over the last ten years.
Your notebooks haven't always been that slim, lightweight, 1.3kg beauty that you're used to carrying around. Join us for a time warp as we take a trip back in time when portable computers of yore weighed in at a 'mere' 10.7kg.
Remember the days when one gigabyte seemed like all the storage space you'll ever need? Now, 500GB hard drives are commonplace and one terabyte hard drives are no longer head turners. Join us as we take a look back at the last ten years in storage development.
The graphics card has certainly come a long way. Join us as we take a trip down memory lane to the humble beginnings of the 3D graphics card, to the days when 3dfx still existed and NVIDIA cards still had a sensible nomenclature.
As the scratch pad for any form of computation, memory is an essential component of a computer. Join us in remembering the past ten years of memory developments in this Hardware Zone special.
For years, the motherboard has been the foundation for any PC and even as we march into the 21st century, it is still the case. Here, we look back at the past 10 years in the evolution of the motherboard from 1998 to 2008.
Over the years, we have seen the central processing unit or CPU of the computer shrink from the size of a house to that of a stamp while its raw processing power has increased exponentially. We take a look at how far CPUs have progressed in the last 10 years and the major highlights from 1998 to 2008.
While 2001 didn't bring a renewed look of www.HardwareZone.com that we pulled off during Y2K, it was still a significant year for both the publication and the company as we scaled new heights with the inaugural Hardware Zone Awards, the birth of HWM, the cool Bubble Zone and much more! Read on for the details.
The new millennium brought about significant changes to the portal as the Hardware Zone group got incorporated and with that, a focus shift to gear up member services and a completely revamped site. Of course not to forget are the technology changes and hardware highlights in year 2000. So step right in!
- Eleven Sports Network's platform is now available on Samsung smart TVs through an app
- Some NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070s have memory issues that require a BIOS update to fix
- All the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti custom cards announced so far
- The Nintendo Switch is both a home and handheld console in one device
- The Stigo is a foldable electric scooter that has a range of up to 40km
- Razer's new 17-inch Blade Pro is slim, sexy, and brimming with the latest in tech
- The luxurious Alcantara Type Cover for Surface Pro 4 is finally coming to Singapore
- Note7 users may get discount when upgrading to the Galaxy S8 or Note8