Articles tagged ‘windows 8.1’
Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11 provides better compatibility for older versions of IE; and there are tools to manage which Web apps use it. But first, we tell you how to turn it on.
The first major update to Windows 8.1 brings a slew of UI changes designed to make keyboard and mouse users feel more at home in what's still primarily a touch-focused operating system. We tell you more.
Keeping to its promise of a rapid release cycle, Microsoft is set to release Windows 8.1 tonight through the Windows Store for existing Windows 8/RT users, and tomorrow at retail stores. Still unsure if you should ditch Windows XP or Vista? We tell you what's new and changed in the updated OS.
Compared to Windows 8, SkyDrive in Windows 8.1 is even more deeply integrated into the OS. We find out how much of it has changed, and show you some of the creative ways Microsoft has employed to make all your SkyDrive files available to you, but without using all your local storage.
Besides a redesign to make it easier for users to find new apps, the Windows Store in Windows 8.1 also comes with a few important new features, such as automatic app updates in the background, the introduction of gift cards, and the removal of app-roaming limit. Find out more after the jump.
With Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft wants to provide the best Web experience across different Windows devices and screen sizes. Superior touch performance, battery efficiency, and fast page load times are some of its key features. Let's take a closer look.
Smart search, rich multi-tasking, powerful and harmonious Start screen, perfect for small size tablets, and SkyDrive-powered throughout - these are some examples of how Microsoft describes Windows 8.1. We check out the just announced public preview to see what's in store for you and me.
- Emergency service drones might just save your life in the future
- Samsung Techwin announces launch of SmartCam HD Outdoor Wireless IP camera
- Dyson launches new "Fluffy" cordless vacuum cleaner
- YouTube now goes up to 60 FPS
- Google is holding a Project Ara Developer Conference in Singapore
- LG Electronics to exit plasma TV market by end November
- At 4.85mm, Oppo's R5 is by far the world's thinnest smartphone
- PS4 Remote Play is officially available for the Sony Xperia Z3 series