- Articles tagged "start screen"
Are you intending to upgrade to Windows 8, but don't know how to go about doing it? Fret not, here's a list of commonly asked questions about the upgrade and installation process; we also offer a few usage tips for those getting to know Windows 8 for the first time.
Find out why your Microsoft account is like a portable, personal PC as we explore the various cloud-connected, built-in Modern-style apps in Windows 8 (such as Mail, Calendar, People, and SkyDrive) in this fifth installment of our Windows 8 series of articles.
Even if you're used to a smartphone or tablet, the many gesture possibilities in Windows 8 can be confusing initially. Here, we show you the most important ones, and reveal their mouse and keyboard equivalents. We also explore a cool new feature called 'snap multi-tasking', and tell you if it works well.
What are Charms in Windows 8? Simply put, they consist of five 'shortcuts' to frequently used functions, including search, share, the Start screen, devices, and settings. If you're upgrading to Windows 8, now is the time to get yourself acquainted with these lucky charms.
Windows 8 is as different from Windows 7 as Windows 95 was from Windows 3.1; and once again, it starts right from the graphical user interface. In this article, we explore the new ways of signing into Windows 8, the tile-based, Modern UI-inspired Start screen, and why you should register for a Microsoft account.
- Pioneer announces launch of HRM-7 professional studio monitor headphones
- Canon introduces new Maxify color inkjet printers for small and home offices
- You can pre-order the NW-ZX2 High-Resolution Walkman today
- ZTE launches octacore-powered Blade S6 smartphone
- EmTech Singapore: Space, the next frontier
- Google’s Project Zero reveals three new zero-day exploits in Apple’s OS X
- Farewell, Windows RT and Surface 2
- Xiaomi updates Redmi 2 with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage