- Articles tagged "start screen"
Are you intending to upgrade to Windows 8, but don't know how to go about doing it? Fret not, here's a list of commonly asked questions about the upgrade and installation process; we also offer a few usage tips for those getting to know Windows 8 for the first time.
Find out why your Microsoft account is like a portable, personal PC as we explore the various cloud-connected, built-in Modern-style apps in Windows 8 (such as Mail, Calendar, People, and SkyDrive) in this fifth installment of our Windows 8 series of articles.
Even if you're used to a smartphone or tablet, the many gesture possibilities in Windows 8 can be confusing initially. Here, we show you the most important ones, and reveal their mouse and keyboard equivalents. We also explore a cool new feature called 'snap multi-tasking', and tell you if it works well.
What are Charms in Windows 8? Simply put, they consist of five 'shortcuts' to frequently used functions, including search, share, the Start screen, devices, and settings. If you're upgrading to Windows 8, now is the time to get yourself acquainted with these lucky charms.
Windows 8 is as different from Windows 7 as Windows 95 was from Windows 3.1; and once again, it starts right from the graphical user interface. In this article, we explore the new ways of signing into Windows 8, the tile-based, Modern UI-inspired Start screen, and why you should register for a Microsoft account.
- Apple just sold its billionth iPhone
- M1 puts up S$10/month roaming data passport for Rio Olympics 2016
- The Thermaltake Riing LED RGB radiator fans can be fully controlled with software
- HTC 10 will be available exclusively on Lazada this Friday! (Updated)
- Amazon's new product hub is just for Kickstarter projects
- Habitap and Keppel Land collaborate to build the best smart homes in Singapore
- NVIDIA launches its most powerful graphics card yet, the Pascal-based Quadro P6000
- Xiaomi’s first notebook is the Mi Notebook Air, a svelte machine with a discrete GPU