- Articles tagged "start screen"
Are you intending to upgrade to Windows 8, but don't know how to go about doing it? Fret not, here's a list of commonly asked questions about the upgrade and installation process; we also offer a few usage tips for those getting to know Windows 8 for the first time.
Find out why your Microsoft account is like a portable, personal PC as we explore the various cloud-connected, built-in Modern-style apps in Windows 8 (such as Mail, Calendar, People, and SkyDrive) in this fifth installment of our Windows 8 series of articles.
Even if you're used to a smartphone or tablet, the many gesture possibilities in Windows 8 can be confusing initially. Here, we show you the most important ones, and reveal their mouse and keyboard equivalents. We also explore a cool new feature called 'snap multi-tasking', and tell you if it works well.
What are Charms in Windows 8? Simply put, they consist of five 'shortcuts' to frequently used functions, including search, share, the Start screen, devices, and settings. If you're upgrading to Windows 8, now is the time to get yourself acquainted with these lucky charms.
Windows 8 is as different from Windows 7 as Windows 95 was from Windows 3.1; and once again, it starts right from the graphical user interface. In this article, we explore the new ways of signing into Windows 8, the tile-based, Modern UI-inspired Start screen, and why you should register for a Microsoft account.
- Samsung launches ultra affordable Galaxy J1 Mini and Galaxy Tab A 7.0
- Make your mom smile this Mother's Day with this personalized Apple ad
- HP’s new Pavilion AIO is a sleek, modern machine with extremely thin bezels
- IBM shows the way forward beyond Moore’s Law with five-qubit quantum computer
- Specs of Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Advanced leaked
- Huawei and Xiaomi rumored to launch phones with curved displays in September
- Search issues plagued the iOS and Mac App Stores
- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Review