- Articles tagged "4k"
Is buying a 4K TV as simple as ensuring that it has a 4K resolution? Not quite, especially if you want your multi-thousand-dollar investment to last as long as possible. In this article, we decode the TV jargon most consumers face today.
BroadcastAsia and CommunicAsia were back in swing early this month, and we were on ground to bring you some key highlights from the annual communications and broadcast trade show event.
Intel just announced the new Thunderbolt 3 standard that uses the USB-C port and it will be compatible with other protocols such as USB, DisplayPort and PCI Express.
Sony has announced its 2015 Bravia TVs in Singapore, slated for release in June. It also took the opportunity to showcase new features like its 4K Processor X1, High-Res Audio and Android TV. More info inside.
4K displays? Curved TVs? SUHD? The TV landscape is rapidly evolving to keep up with consumers' demands for higher resolutions, better image quality and a more immersive viewing experience. 30 HWZ members joined us for an exclusive event last Saturday to meet Samsung's new flagship SUHD TVs up close and learn more about the latest TV technology and buying tips!
First seen at Computex 2014, join us as we get up close and personal with ASUS' super-slim 4K 15-inch Ultrabook, the Zenbook NX500.
The Samsung HU9000 is the company's flagship 4K LED LCD TV for 2014. Expectedly, it costs quite a bit; and part of it is because it's also a curved TV. We also take a look at the HU8500, a flatscreen 4K TV that sits a rung below the HU9000, and investigate if it's a good alternative for those who couldn't less about the curved screen.
Sportscasting was the focus of this year's Broadcast Asia, as a number of partners were on hand to showcase their latest products and also to talk about how 4K is already very much a possibility with existing technologies - evidenced by trials that have been run over the last year.
Bang & Olufsen has introduced the BeoVision Avant, a 4K UHD television that the company says will adjust itself to fit your surroundings. Let's find out more.
LG Electronics has just launched its 2014 4K UHD TV lineup for the Singapore market. A couple of things caught our eye in particular: one is that the cheapest model is going for S$2,999; the other is a character called Bean Bird.
- Here are the first ten Lumia devices getting the Windows 10 Mobile update
- Photos and specs of Sony Xperia C5 Ultra and M5 leaked, could launch on 3 August
- New Apple TV with touch-based remote and App Store to debut in September?
- Over one million people requested for invitations to buy the OnePlus 2
- Alleged press image of Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge+ leaked
- Canon launches ultra-high sensitivity camera with ISO sensitivity over 4,000,000
- Silent Circle's Blackphone 2 to support Android for Work
- Bose announces release of new SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker