Articles tagged ‘gigabyte’
The AMD 890GX chipset launched in March is just the first of AMD's chipset refresh for the year. Next up, expect the enthusiast class 890FX and the more mainstream 880G. Here's a quick preview of what's coming from Gigabyte.
With the launch of the first 6-core processor, the Intel Core i7-980X, the spotlight is back on Intel's X58 Express chipset. What's different this time round is that vendors have updated the chipset with features comparable to newer ones like that on the Intel P55. We return to the X58 scene with two top boards from ASUS and Gigabyte and the Core i7-980X.
AMD has refreshed its 790GX chipset with the newer 890GX. On paper, it appears to be a minor upgrade similar to what AMD did with the 785G. We check out the chipset differences with two boards from Gigabyte and MSI.
ATI's new Radeon HD 5670 promises to bring affordable DirectX 11 gaming to the masses. So today we take a look at six of the newest offerings from the biggest names. ASUS, Gigabyte, HIS, MSI, PowerColor, and Sapphire, have all been summoned to our mainstream battle royale!
With the new mainstream Lynnfield processors lowering the price of entry for Intel's current platform, it's time to look at the rest of the supporting cast. Today, we bring together five of the top P55 motherboards from major vendors to find out which one deserves to be in your next PC.
The heir to the popular mainstream AMD 780G chipset, the 785G has arrived but it appears to have kept with the status quo. Can these three new motherboards from ASUS, ECS and Gigabyte convince us otherwise? We take these boards for a spin in our lab and paint the results for you.
- Pioneer announces launch of new BDP-170 Blu-ray player with extensive connectivity options
- Apple investigating iCloud for possible connection with celebrity photo leaks
- HTC announces the 4.7-inch Desire 510, available in Singapore from September 6 (Updated)
- GrabTaxi partners with Sony Mobile, Xperia users to enjoy discounts on taxi rides
- SanDisk introduces new Ultra II SSD using TLC NAND
- Singapore to get the Apple iPhone 6 on Sept 19 and Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Sept 26?
- Apple's wearable device said to ship only in early 2015, could cost US$400
- Motherboards based on new Intel X99 chipset launched!