- Event Coverage
As we bring our CommunicAsia 2011 coverage to an end, here's an overview of what we saw and thought of the annual infocomm trade event that showcased the best in mobile technology over the past three days.
Sony Ericsson adds two new Xperia models, the ray and the active which run on Android 2.3 Gingerbread. It also launches two new Smart Extras to improve user experience.
Focal is known for the high quality and the pure tone of their audio products. They have finally come to the shores of Singapore with a line-up of their new 2.1 speakers and a few first time reveals. Read on to find out more.
Held at Suntec's Convention Center, we took some time out to chase BroadcastAsia where major film and production players flaunt the best of broadcasting trends and equipment. Without a doubt, the local buzzword this year isn't so much 3D, but DVB-T2.
Japan has some of the coolest mobile phones and services in the world, so it's no surprise that NTT Docomo is always high on our visit list. This year, we're looking at a possible global NFC standard, AR games and a prototype multi-band amp.
Nokia rejoins the party at the annual CommunicAsia event, and it became one of the biggest showstoppers with the unveiling of its long-awaited MeeGo device, the Nokia N9.
The BlackBerry Bold 9900, which was announced at BlackBerry World 2011, will make its Asia debut at CommunicAsia 2011. We share some hands-on impressions of the newly minted BlackBerry device with an updated 1.2GHz processor and touch screen capabilities.
Huawei has been a recurring participant in CommunicAsia, and the company took the opportunity to introduce its latest 7-inch tablet, the Huawei MediaPad. Here's a quick hands-on of the new Android tablet from Huawei.
HardwareZone checked in at Swissotel, the Stamford with HTC and SingTel for a status update on HTC 's hotly anticipated Facebook phones. Login and find out the details, including our first impressions.
Mid-year summons the start of the Great Singapore Sales (GSS) and more importantly for the tech-inclined, the IT Show. We scoured the halls to bring you the best buys from the show floor. So dig in for all the resources and information for your shopping spree now!
- Apple may release a video sharing and editing app in 2017
- The Carmen dongle and app tracks your car’s health to prevent surprise breakdowns
- Xiaomi launches deca-core-powered Redmi Note 4
- Pokémon Go has lost over 10 million users from its mid-July peak
- HTC 10 to get Android 7.0 Nougat update in Q4, followed by One M9 and One A9
- Trendnet's new AC1900 wireless USB adapter has ridiculously large antennas
- Microsoft's PowerShell is now open-sourced, and has been ported to both Linux and Mac OS X
- Lenovo officially brings Moto back into Singapore with six launch devices