Notebooks - Fujitsu & HP
Fujitsu - Hall 6, Booth 6B10
Fujitsu LifeBook SH771
At a mere 1.33kg, the 13.3-inch Lifebook SH771 offers an USB Anytime Charging plus feature and a USB 3.0 port that allow you to charge your devices while the notebook is off, DTS Boost to deliver sound clarity, fingerprint sensor, and lasts up to 14 hours. This slim portable business-class notebook is made in Japan and comes with a built-in optical drive that can be effortlessly removed to further reduce its weight during travel. Best of all, unlike some notebooks that skimp on the design of the most usable areas such as the keyboard and palm rest areas, the Lifebook SH771 is designed to give you satisfaction upon usage. Try it out and you'll know what we mean.
- Sitex Price: From $2,288 (with trade-in options, it can go as low as $1,988)
- Promotion: FREE Upgrade to 8GB RAM + Microsoft office Home & Student Edition OR $100 takashimaya voucher + Fujitsu Bar Speaker + Carrier Case (total worth $427!)
- More information - HWZ Product Page
Fujitsu LifeBook LH531
Made for everyday computing, the mainstream LH531 notebook is the choice for first time PC buyers and students. It is available in Shiny Black, Garnet Red and Cherry Pink colors to support this group of users. It features a mainstream Intel Core i5-2410M processor with NVIDIA Optimus technology to toggle between the processor's on-board GPU and its discrete graphics card for power saving features.
- Sitex Price: From $999 (with trade-in options, it can go as low as $699)
- Promotion: FREE $89 Cash Back Rebate + Upgrade to 4GB RAM + Carrier Case (total worth $247)
- More information - HWZ Product Page and Launch article
HP - Hall 6, Booth 6B01
HP Folio 13
Thankfully, the world's biggest PC manufacturer has decided to keep it's PC business, and managed to conjure up an Ultrabook just in time for Sitex 2011. Introducing the HP Folio 13, that isn't the smallest (1.5kg, 18mm thick) Ultrabook we've seen, but surely the toughest yet. It comes with an Intel Core i5-2467M (1.6GHz) Processor, which is low powered, but saves lots of battery. And if that's not enough, HP says the extra weight (Ultrabooks usually weigh about 1.3kg) comes from the extra battery (6-cell, 59WHr) they put in. The Folio 13 also comes with the "Ultrabook standard" 128GB SSD, and 4GB of RAM.
- Sitex Price: $1,499
- Promotions: Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security, HP carrying case, 90-day Smart Care Service plan. PWP: S$99 MS Office Home 7 Student 2010, $99 HP 2nd & 3rd Year Carry-in warranty, $99 D-Link Intel WIDI adapter.
- For more information: HP Notebooks Line-up Sneak Peek: Folio Ultrabook and More
HP Pavilion dv6-6171TX
The very sexy HP Pavilion DV6 has just received an upgrade in the form of a new, faster Core i7-2670QM processor. With looks inspired by the Envy line, the dv6 sports a dark metallic finish with aluminum accents that can rival the looks of any notebook out there. Add to that is a decent ATI Radeon HD 6770M graphics module, quad speakers with Beats audio, a Blu-ray player and you've got all the ingredients for a multimedia powerhouse with class to boast. Other frills include USB 3.0 ports, and a fingerprint scanner. Once you factor in that the show price also include a Microsoft Office suite, this is quite big deal sweetener for most people.
- Sitex Price: $1,499
- Promotions: Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security, HP carrying case, 90-day Smart Care Service plan. MS Office Home 7 Student 2010
- For more information: HWZ Review (featuring an almost similar sister model from earlier in the year)