Distimo, a company that tracks all public application data from app stores to monitor information about activity and trends in apps, has recently released some very interesting information during a presentation at this year's Mobile World Congress... namely with regards to the six largest mobile device apps stores:
- Apple App Store
- BlackBerry App Store
- Google Android Market
- Nokia Ovi Store
- Palm App Catalog
- Windows Marketplace for Mobile
The entire presentation is attached below for viewing, but here are some of the more noteworthy facts:
- Apple reigns over all at 150k+ applications, with Android coming in a distant second at 19+k.
- Android has the fastest growing rate, with the addition of 15% new applications last month. It also happens to be the one with the largest share of free apps.
- Average price for apps bought from Apple, Android, Nokia is in the same range, while those for RIM and Microsoft are more than twice as high.
Wong Casandra / Former Tech Writer
A regular self-confessed gamer, and consumer-tech geek. Also, an amateur photographer who currently shoots on a Nikon DSLR 90. BOOYAH!
- 72 hours with a BMW that comes with a 24/7 personal concierge
- Building your own power packed gaming PC
- This is probably why the Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book don’t have a USB Type-C port
- After 100 Days with Apple CarPlay, here's 4 things you need to know
- Ad-blocking on iOS 9: why it’s good for you, bad for us