Distimo, a company that tracks all public application data from app stores to monitor information about activity and trends in apps, has recently released some very interesting information during a presentation at this year's Mobile World Congress... namely with regards to the six largest mobile device apps stores:
- Apple App Store
- BlackBerry App Store
- Google Android Market
- Nokia Ovi Store
- Palm App Catalog
- Windows Marketplace for Mobile
The entire presentation is attached below for viewing, but here are some of the more noteworthy facts:
- Apple reigns over all at 150k+ applications, with Android coming in a distant second at 19+k.
- Android has the fastest growing rate, with the addition of 15% new applications last month. It also happens to be the one with the largest share of free apps.
- Average price for apps bought from Apple, Android, Nokia is in the same range, while those for RIM and Microsoft are more than twice as high.
Wong Casandra / Former Tech Writer
A regular self-confessed gamer, and consumer-tech geek. Also, an amateur photographer who currently shoots on a Nikon DSLR 90. BOOYAH!
- Digital compacts have never been better as the camera industry braces for change
- After a week with the iPhone 6 Plus, I can't love it
- Apple Watch truly is the most personal device Apple has ever made
- What is the Apple Watch for?
- What activity trackers (including the Apple Watch) need to crack health and fitness