Leica, the legendary German camera maker, has been making cameras since 1913. Their cameras have been used by the masters, from Henri Cartier-Bresson to Robert Capa to Annie Leibovitz. Known for the quality and resilience of its cameras and lenses, Leica cameras are still mostly assembled by hand.
The Leica Store @ Raffles Hotel Arcade is the first of its kind in the region. The store design is an international concept which originated in Germany, with a focus on the signature red and black of the Leica brand. But the Leica Store isn't just a shop, but also has a dedicated in-store gallery space to showcase the work of local and international photographers.
So if you're in the neighborhood during the weekend, here's one more shop to check out.
Alvin Soon / Associate Features Editor
I like coffee and cameras, but not together.
- A month on the wrist: The Apple Watch through the eyes of a mechanical watch lover
- Making productivity apps work: 5 things I’ve learned using OmniFocus and GTD
- My 20x app: OmniFocus on iOS
- ‘When Marnie was There’ might be the last film Studio Ghibli makes, and that makes me sad
- I'm a loyal Adobe Lightroom user and I feel cheated